Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Lael Loewenstein and Wade Major review this weekend’s new movie releases.
- "The Trial of the Chicago 7" on Netflix
- "Honest Thief" showing in select theaters (check local listings)
- "Rebecca" on Netflix Oct. 21
- "Harry Chapin: When in Doubt, Do Something" on Laemmle's Virtual Cinema
- "Martin Eden" on Laemmle's Virtual Cinema
- "White Riot" on Laemmle's Virtual Cinema & The Frida Virtual Cinema
- "Belly of the Beast" on Laemmle's Virtual Cinema
- "La Haine" on Laemmle's Virtual Cinema
- "Memories of Murder" showing at the Regal Irvine Spectrum Oct.19 & Oct. 20
- "The Devil Has A Name" on VOD (AppleTV, Prime Video, Vudu, FandangoNOW & Google Play)
Our FilmWeek critics have been curating personal lists of their favorite TV shows and movies to binge-watch during self-quarantine. You can see recommendations from each of the critics and where you can watch them here.
You may hear our FilmWeek critics review films on the show that are playing at indoor venues that have reopened in our listening area. FilmWeek and KPCC are not endorsing or encouraging anyone to see a movie at an indoor theater at this time. If you do decide to attend a showing at an indoor theater, please familiarize yourself with COVID-19 safety protocols from the CDC, your local public health agency, and the theater where you’re seeing the film.