State of Affairs
President Trump is expected to announce his next pick for the Supreme Court, and California politicians like Kamala Harris will play an outsized role in the confirmation hearings. That and more will be covered in this week's State of Affairs.
- Marisa Lagos, KQED Correspondent
- Allen Ides, Loyola law professor
How To Talk To Your Kids About Police Violence
It's been another tough week in the fight for social justice and equal treatment under the law. In the wake of the decisions in the Breonna Taylor police shooting death, it's left the country reflecting on what can really change? And that goes for even the youngest amongst. Yes, our kids are feeling it too. So how do we talk with them about all this?
- Amber Coleman-Mortley, mom of three who makes a podcast with her daughters in which they discuss their experiences as Black females in America at this time
Coronavirus: What Libraries Can Do For You During This Time
Libraries may be closed to in-person patrons, they've still found ways to provide services to the community. We discuss how systems have pivoted to still be vital resources.
- Skye Patrick of the LA County Library
- John Szabo of the LA Public Library
CSU Appoints New Chancellor To Take on 2021
We discuss who the new CSU Chancellor is, the challenges he faces going into the job in the midst of a pandemic and why this is important news.
- Adolfo Guzman-Lopez, KPCC's Education Correspondent
KPCC's Leo Duran shares some of the best things to do this weekend.